About the Open Foresight Hub
The Open Foresight Hub is a platform - based on open and collaborative principles - for the exchange of views about futures and the forces shaping them; and about foresight methods and the people and organizations creating and using them. Centered on crowd-sourced wiki principles, the Open Foresight Hub is designed for anyone to access and contribute to the collective effort.
Three main spokes bring a diversity of views about futures into the Open Foresight Hub:
- Library: collections of reports, articles, books, multimedia, and other publications offering analyses and perspectives about possible, plausible, and preferred futures; and about the foresight field more generally
- Futures: crowd-sourced summaries of different futures and the myriad of forces shaping them; these futures are dynamically evolving, both synthesizing the diversity of existing perspectives and seeking additional perspectives
- Encyclopedia: a compendium of entries summarizing knowledge about the foresight field including theories and practice; methods and tools; people and organizations; history and futures
Why Open Foresight Hub
Now more than ever, our hope for a better tomorrow depends on many people coming together to create better futures. And creating better futures begins by envisioning better futures. Yet, it’s not enough for one or even two to envision the same futures. Rather, it takes many people assimilating, and aligning to realize, the same visions of tomorrow.
To create broadly accepted visions of tomorrow at a global level requires us to collectively discern, decolonize, and democratize the diversity of views about our futures and the forces shaping them. This is only possible with a completely open and collaborative approach to foresight.
- Open Foresight Hub is an encyclopedia, library, and futures collaboration space.
- Open Foresight Hub seeks to collectively discern and decolonize visions of a better tomorrow.
- Open Foresight Hub promotes diverse perspectives that enrich everyone’s understanding.
- Open Foresight Hub fosters a civil and collaborative environment.
- Open Foresight Hub is free for anyone to use, edit, and distribute.
Learn more about our founding principles.
The Open Foresight Hub is an open collaboration generously supported by private and public sector organizations around the globe.
Success can only come through collective effort and support. If you’d like to learn more about how your organization can contribute to the Open Foresight Hub, please email us at email@example.com.