Who is responsible and how can I reach you?
for the processing of personal data within the meaning of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Foresight Academy GmbH
+49 1578 2071280
What is it about?
This privacy statement complies with the legal requirements for transparency in the processing of personal data. This is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. This includes, for example, information such as your name, age, address, telephone number, date of birth, e-mail address, IP address or user behavior when visiting a website. Information for which we cannot (or can only with a disproportionate effort) establish a reference to your person, e.g. by anonymization, is not personal data. The processing of personal data (e.g. collection, retrieval, use, storage or transmission) always requires a legal basis and a defined purpose.
Stored personal data will be deleted as soon as the purpose of the processing has been achieved and there are no legitimate reasons for further storage of the data. We will inform you about the specific storage periods or criteria for storage in the individual processing operations. Irrespective of this, we store your personal in individual cases for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims and if there are statutory retention obligations.
Who gets my data?
We only share your personal data that we process on our website with third parties if this is necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes and is covered by the legal basis in the individual case (e.g. consent or protection of legitimate interests). In addition, we share personal data with third parties in individual cases if this serves the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims. Possible recipients may then be, for example, law enforcement agencies, lawyers, auditors, courts, etc. Insofar as we use service providers for the operation of our website who process personal data on our behalf within the scope of commissioned processing pursuant to Art. 28 GDPR, they may be recipients of your personal data. For more information on the use of processors and web services, please refer to the overview of the individual processing operations.
What rights do I have?
Under the terms of the statutory provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the following rights as a data subject:
- Information pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR about the data stored about you in the form of significant information about the details of the processing and a copy of your data;
- Rectification according to Art. 16 GDPR of incorrect or incomplete data stored by us;
- Erasure pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR of the data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Restriction of processing pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed, the processing is unlawful, we no longer need the data and you object to their erasure because you need them for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR.
- Data portability pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, insofar as you have provided us with personal data within the scope of consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR or on the basis of a contract pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR and these have been processed by us with the aid of automated processes. You will receive your data in a structured, common and machine-readable format or we will transfer the data directly to another responsible party, insofar as this is technically feasible.
- Objection pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR against the processing of your personal data, insofar as this is carried out on the basis of Art. 6 (1) e, f GDPR and there are reasons for this that arise from your particular situation or the objection is addressed to direct advertising. The right to object does not exist if overriding compelling legitimate reasons for the processing are demonstrated or the processing is carried out for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims. Where the right to object does not exist for individual processing operations, it is indicated there.
- Revocation pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR of your granted consent with effect for the future.
- Complaint pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR to a supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data violates the GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence, your place of work or our company headquarters.
How is my data processed in detail?
In the following, we inform you about the individual processing operations, the scope and purpose of the data processing, the legal basis, the obligation to provide your data and the respective storage period. An automated decision in individual cases, including profiling does not take place.
Provision of the website
Type and scope of processing
When accessing and using our website, we collect the personal data that your browser automatically transmits to our server. The following information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file:
- IP address of the requesting computer.
- Date and time of access
- Name and URL of the accessed file
- Website from which the access is made (referrer URL)
- Browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer, as well as the name of your access provider.
Our website is not hosted by ourselves, but by a service provider who processes the aforementioned data on our behalf in accordance with Art. 28 GDPR.
Purpose and legal basis
The processing is carried out to protect our overriding legitimate interest to display our website and ensure security and stability on the basis of Art. 6 (1) f GDPR. The collection of data and storage in log files is mandatory for the operation of the website. There is no right to object to the processing due to the exception under Art. 21 (1) GDPR. Insofar as the further storage of log files is required by law, the processing is based on Art. 6 (1) c GDPR. There is no legal or contractual obligation to provide the data, however, accessing our website is technically not possible without providing the data.
The aforementioned data is stored for the duration of the display of the website.
Type and scope of processing
If you register on our website to receive our newsletter, we collect your e-mail address and store this information together with the date of registration and your IP address. Subsequently, you will receive an e-mail in which you must confirm your registration for the newsletter (double opt-in). If you do not confirm the registration, it will automatically expire and the data will not be processed for the newsletter dispatch.
To send the newsletter, we use a service that processes your personal data on our behalf in accordance with Art. 28 GDPR. Your data will not be passed on to third parties.
Purpose and legal basis
We process your data for the purpose of sending the newsletter on the basis of your consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) a GDPR. By unsubscribing from the newsletter, you can declare your revocation at any time with effect for the future pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR. There is no legal or contractual obligation to provide your data, but sending the newsletter is not possible without the provision of your data.
After registration for the newsletter, we store the data at most until the confirmation of the registration. After successful confirmation, we store your data until you revoke your consent (unsubscribe from the newsletter).
Registration of a user account
Type and scope of processing
For the use of certain areas of our website, you have the option to register a user account. The information collected during registration via the mandatory fields is required to provide access to the user account. In addition, you may voluntarily provide additional information for supplementary (convenience) functions.
Purpose and legal basis
We process your data for the purpose of providing you with a user account to fulfill a contract with you pursuant to Art. 6 (1) b GDPR. There is a contractual obligation to provide your data, as this information is required to identify you and for the fulfillment of the contract on our behalf. There is no legal obligation to provide the data. Without the provision of this information, the registration of a user account and thus the conclusion of a contract is not possible.
Furthermore, the processing of additional voluntarily provided information for the purpose of providing further (comfort) functions is based on your consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) a GDPR. By deactivating the functions / By deleting the voluntary information in the user account, you can declare your revocation at any time with effect for the future pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR.
We store your personal data in the context of providing the user account for the duration of the contractual relationship. After the end of the contract / deletion of the user account, your data will only be stored further if there are legal retention obligations (e.g. tax and commercial law).
Additional information that you provide to us on the basis of your consent will only be stored until you revoke your consent by deactivating the functions / by deleting the data, but at the longest until the end of the contract on which the provision of the user account is based.
Presence on social media platforms
We maintain so-called fan pages or accounts or channels on the networks mentioned below in order to provide you with information and offers also within social networks and to offer you further ways to contact us and to inform yourself about our offers. In the following, we inform you about the data that we or the respective social network process from you in context with the access and use of our fan pages/accounts.
Data that we process from you
If you wish to contact us via Messenger or via Direct Message via the respective social network, we generally process your user name via which you contact us and, if applicable, store further data provided by you insofar as this is necessary to process/respond to your request. The legal basis is Art. 6 (1) f GDPR (processing is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of the controller).
(Static) Usage Data we Receive from the Social Networks We receive automatically provided statistics regarding our accounts via Insights functionalities. The statistics include, among other things, the total number of page views, likes, information on page activities and post interactions, reach, video views, and information on the proportion of men/women among our fans/followers.
The statistics only contain aggregated data that cannot be related to individual persons. You are not identifiable to us by this.
Which data the social networks process from you
In order to view the content of our fan pages or accounts, you do not have to be a member of the respective social network and, to this extent, no user account for the respective social network is required.
Insofar as you wish to interact with the content on our fan pages/accounts, e.g. comment on, share or like our postings/contributions and/or contact us via messenger functions, prior registration with the respective social network and the provision of personal data is required. We have no influence on the data processing by the social networks within the scope of their use by you. To our knowledge, your data is stored and processed in particular with regard to the provision of the services of the respective social network, as well as for the analysis of user behavior (using cookies, pixels/web beacons and similar technologies), on the basis of which advertising based on your interests is played both within and outside the respective social network. It cannot be ruled out that your data will be stored by the social networks outside the EU/EEA and passed on to third parties.